Saturday, January 28, 2012

What a Week!!

This was such a long week! I am exhausted! We were Dibels testing (FUN!) so I think that was partly to blame. It changes the routine and that is never a good thing for my kiddos! If I have ever had a group of students that need structure, it is most definitely my homeroom class this year. :)

I am curious as to what everyone plans for their early finishers. I have students who can finish their morning work in about 2 minutes while it takes other WAY longer! The "rule" is the early finishers are supposed to read but they never seem to be doing that! I think I'm going to try journal writing so we will see how that goes. My kids also LOVE mystery word activities so I created some for them to grab when they finish morning work early. Click here for a freebie of the mystery word activity.

I would love to hear everyone's suggestions! I'd love to get some more ideas!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the mystery word freebie!! We have been putting one in our monthly homework packet and the students have loved it! I am excited to make these for my early finishers!

    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  2. My stand by early finisher activity is using Task cards.

    http://yearn4learning.blogspot.com/2012/01/tic-tac-toe-task-cardsand-sale.html


    Yearn to Learn Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the task cards! I will definitely check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi from your newest follower :) I just came over from Lisa's page. Your blog design is very cute! I don't have anything awesome for my early finishers but my teaching partner created a Cranium Club Made in the Shade in Second Grade make sure to check her out!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Latricia,
    So glad you put this out here, I need help also in this area. I am going to check out the task cards now, and thanks for the freebie.

    First Grade Journal

    ReplyDelete
  6. HaHA! I managed to catch you and tag you. Come check it out at my blog!

    Buzzing with Ms. B

    ReplyDelete